This grid is used to test the macula, the very central part of the retina. People with these conditions or taking certain medications should screen themselves once a week.
a) Macular degeneration
b) Risk factors for macular degeneration (family history or macular drusen)
c) Currently taking Plaquenil or chloroquine
Please follow the instructions below:
1) Test one eye at a time and wear your glasses that you use for reading.
2) Hold the grid at your normal reading distance.
3) Stare at the center dot and observe any abnormalities such as missing areas, distorted or wavy lines, etc.
4) Check your vision with this grid at least once a week.
5) Contact your eye care professional if you see any new
Click here to download a printable version
of this Amsler Grid and its instructions.
Since it is an Adobe .pdf file, you will need an Adobe Reader. Click here to download the latest version.
Word Search Puzzles
Let us help you see the Wonders of Your World!
For more information about CECCO please contact us at 614-890-5692 or fill out our convenient Contact Us form.
Comprehensive EyeCare of Central Ohio
450 Alkyre Run Drive, Suite 100
Westerville, Ohio 43082